What Are The Advantages Of Having A Website With Your Own Domain
If you want to be taken seriously online, having a website with your own domain can help. Your own domain helps you build your brand and gain your visitors’ trust. Internet users know exactly what to expect when they click on your site. In the long run, they will associate the domain name with your content and what you offer. A website with your own domain can make your brand much more recognizable.
It makes sense to get an email address to go with your own domain. When communicating in a professional setting, it’s a good idea to use a personalized email address. If your website and email address have the same domain, this makes a great impression on customers and business partners.
Having a website with your own domain also helps with SEO because search engines like Google and Bing are more likely to rank a website higher in the search results if it has its own domain. This in turn leads to more visitors coming to your website.
Your Website Is Up Now What
If youve already created your website and published it, you can start promoting and optimizing it to increase visits and improve the user experience.
- Update your website: Websites are not books. Once published, they can still be updated. Make sure that you create new and relevant content when you have the chance and that youre constantly updating the website. For example, imagine a restaurants website: if the menu changes, it should be reflected on the website as quickly as possible.
- Online positioning: To attract as much visitors as possible, youll have to optimize your websites SEO. This is not very complicated but it requires time and work. Check out this guide for more information.
- Web analysis: Your efforts in online positioning will be useless if you dont measure your website traffic. Thats how youll know whether its working or not. The most popular website analysis tool is . And its free!
I hope that this small guide has helped you understand how to create a website from start to finish.
Next to the guide you were reading just now we also have a couple of industry-specific guides as well:
Choose The Right Website Builder For You
An enormous number of people use website builders to make a website. Wix alone has over 100 million subscribers, while Shopify recently passed 1.2 million.
Why is this? Website builders mean anybody can make a website, regardless of technical skill. In the early days of the internet, making a website required a working understanding of HTML .Then CSS came along to make things even more confusing.
Website builders take care of the technical jargon and let you focus on design and content. Some do this through templates, others through drag-and-drop interfaces, which make building a website no harder than assembling a PowerPoint presentation.
Website builders let you build online stores with ease. For larger ecommerce ambitions, we recommend an ecommerce-specific platform like Shopify or BigCommerce which have the best tools to help your business grow. If youre just looking to sell a few products, you can choose a generic website like Wix which has ecommerce functionality. Take a look at our online store builder comparison chart to find your perfect match.
That does then mean choosing the right website builder is very important. Different builders serve different needs. Moving forward with the right one is essential to making a website youll be happy with.
Which website builder should you choose?
Learn more about the BigCommerce Pricing Plans and discover if theres room in your budget for this top builder.
You May Like: How Much Does It Cost To Register A Domain Name
Set Up An Email Address To Match Your Domain Name
You can use free email services for your business, but using one that matches your domain name, creates a more professional impression.
For example, your domain-name email will display as , instead of .
The service provider who registers your domain name, or your web hosting company, may provide an email service or include it as a paid add-on.
Do You Own Your Domain Name With WordPress
Register a domain name with WordPress if you wish. If you own it on www.com, you are the owner. The theme of this site is WordPress. The domain mapping and registration can be taken anywhere at any time, and it is by far the easiest way to get started. Buying domain mapping and registering together is a good value, and it is by far the easiest way to get started.
Read Also: Find Mail Server For Domain
Enhance Your Website With Visual Elements
Visual elements, such as images, videos, logo, and favicon, attract visitors to learn more about your site. Visitors spend 88% more time on pages with videos. They help convey what your website is about and retain visitors attention.
Keep note that visual elements have to be relevant to the website. Otherwise, they will only distract and confuse visitors. The website builders drag-and-drop editor makes it easier to customize the visual elements layouts.
To add any visual element, click on the Add element icon on the left corner of the editor.
Under Add elements, click on Image and drag it to your page. Position the element on the desired area of the web page.
Zyro will show a default image on your web page. Click on it and select Change image to access the Image settings.
Then, click the Replace Image button to either upload your picture or select one from Zyros free-to-use stock image library with over a million photos. Under the Image settings, remember to include Alt text, which describes the image.
In addition, choose the Image position and Border radius.
Under Action, choose what will happen when a visitor clicks on the image:
- Nothing. No action will happen after visitors click on an image.
- Open full screen preview. The image will be shown in full size.
- Open link. Clicking on the image will direct visitors to a previously added link. There is also an option to open it in a new tab or redirect the page.
Logo and favicon
C Hire Professionals To Build It For You
Of course, you can always have your site designed and implemented by professionals. Chances are youll get a good-looking design with all the bells and whistles, however, this option can prove to be costly and time-consuming.
If youd rather have experts take care of all areas of your site, and not just the design, you can try our Make Me a Website service. Going with this option means relying on a team of online experts to not only get your site up and running without a big budget but also to promote it online to ensure your audience finds it your business online and in search engine results.
This is a good option if you have complex requirements, money to spend and would rather have experts build it for you so you can focus on other tasks.
Recommended Reading: How To Find Out Who Owns Domain
How Can You Benefit From Having A Personal E
Having a personal e-mail domain rather than a freemail address can offer many advantages, as outlined in the following six points:
- Professional: a polished image is key in having a successful career, and that applies to your online presence as well. While freemail addresses with provider domains often convey an amateur image, successful businesses and entrepreneurs use e-mail domains. By customizing the e-mail, you can ensure that your contact details are coordinated, creating a sleek and professional image which facilitates customers trust. The most effective domains are either company-oriented or personal, for example:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concise: freemail companies provide e-mail addresses with their domain to their customers, making it difficult to register a name that is unique and concise. Names are usually snapped up very quickly, so users are often forced to come up with long combinations of numbers and letters: email@example.comLong e-mail addresses carry with them the risk of being misspelled or misremembered, whereas custom e-mail addresses can be shorter, making them concise and more memorable.
- Safer: cybercriminals also need a high hit rate if their malware are to have a big effect. Freemail providers are a common target for hacking and phishing, but this risk decreases significantly with a personal e-mail domain.
$1 Domain Names
How Much Does It Cost To Create A Website
The cost to create a website depends on its type. For example, the price is different between a website with multiple videos and pages to a simple blog that mainly uses text, requiring a different hosting plan.Building a website can cost anywhere from $100 to several thousand dollars per year if you hire a web developer. So, make sure to adjust your budget to the type of website you aim to create.
Also Check: Shopify Transfer Domain
What Happens If I Dont Renew My Domain Name
If you didnt set auto-renewal or forgot to manually do so despite the reminders from your domain registrar, your domain name will expire. This means several things:
- Your website will no longer be accessible by anyone who types your URL.
- The domain name will be available for sale again, typically in 30-days or so after expiration.
- It can also be auctioned on a website domain auction.
In essence, failure to pay a renewal fee means lost access to your domain.
Choose And Install Useful Plugins
Plugins are bits of software that can be added to WordPress to improve the functionality of your site. Default features offer enough to make a perfectly good website, but plugins are often necessary to take it to the next level.
WordPress has tens of thousands of plugins for everything from search engine optimisation to image compression. Browse the WordPress plugin directory and youll soon get a sense of how vibrant and creative a community it is. Each plugin has its own page with descriptions, screenshots, user reviews and more.
To install plugins its easier to browse within your WordPress dashboard. To do this go to Plugins and Add New. There you can sort through featured, popular, and recommended plugins, as well as search for them yourself. To install simply press Install Now.
Here are some of the top plugins if youre unsure where to start:
- Jetpack. Made by Automattic, the team behind WordPress, this is essentially dozens of plugins within one plugin. In-depth site stats, automated social media posting, and lazy loading are just a handful of the features available
- . This ones a no-brainer. is a superb, free tool for tracking traffic to your website. This plugin allows you to see everything in your WordPress dashboard
- Social Media Share Buttons. You want your content to be shared right? This plugin allows you to add fully customizable social share buttons to your posts so they can get as much exposure as possible
Find out more
Don’t Miss: What Is The .io Domain
How To Register A Domain Name For Your Website
Your company needs a website, which means it needs a domain name. Your first step is registering a domain name, which can be daunting for first-timers. Don’t worry: Our guide walks you through it.
Once you’ve decided to build a website, you need to make an important decision, even before you consult our best web hosting services roundup: What’s your domain name going to be? You know, it’s the web address by which all your many customers find you. Your domain name is, in effect, the name of your website, so you want to make sure you get a good one. Purchasing a name is a relatively simple process, but finding one that isn’t already taken can be a challenge. In addition, you’ll also want to make sure you understand the contract between you and the domain name registrar. If this is starting to sound a bit complicated, don’t worry: This primer can help you get started.
Popular Site Building Platforms In 2021
To better understand which are the most popular content management systems, I dug up some recent statistics from W3 Techs and BuiltWith.
Just take a look at this graph below:
Data credit: BuiltWith
As you can see, nearly half of the websites on the Internet are running on the WordPress website platform.
But what makes them a better option than others?
Also Check: Vistaprint Domain Transfer
Access WordPress In Hostinger Dashboard
Hostinger offers a very convenient dashboard for you to manage your site. Its known as hPanel, and is very welcoming to new users, as far as website control panels go.
And if you have any confusion, Hostinger has tons of support about how to navigate hPanel.
Youll be prompted to use WordPress to create your site. If you miss the prompts or skip them for any reason, you can always log in to WordPress using the left side dropdown panel in the dashboard:
Enter the WordPress account password you created in the last step to log in and start customizing your new website.
Start A Website In 5 Steps
For the remainder of this post, well cover everything you need to know to build a highly effective website from getting started by establishing achievable goals, to creating a content-rich website that both visitors and search engines will love. Well take a look at what you need to know to sell online. Well introduce tools that will help you achieve your website goals. And well divvy out tips and best practices to make your website work at maximum capacity.
Plan your website.
Sell on your website.
Get found with SEO.
Now that you want to start a website, we want to help you succeed. Ready? Lets go.
Recommended Reading: How Much To Buy A Domain Name
Bluehost Free Domain Name And Hosting For WordPress
Bluehost is a recognizable leader of the niche and the number one hosting provider officially recommended by WordPress. The platform comes with lots of advantages that distinguish it from the competitors. These include one-click WordPress installation, abundance of integrable scripts and plugins, strong uptime rates, fast page load speed, affordable pricing, eCommerce features, localized SEO and content marketing options, widgets and apps for business websites and many more.
Bluehost provides extensive free domain name connection options included into its subscriptions. The choice of the most suitable plan should depend upon your website type, complexity, structure and some other crucial aspects like storage space, bandwidth, extra SSL connection options, email accounts, security options etc. Whatever plan you decide to pick, you will get a domain name as a bonus without having to pay for it.
Its up to you to choose the most suitable solution that works best for your project and comes up to your individual web design needs. Whatever option you eventually pick, you will get a possibility to get a domain name absolutely for free.