Enable Gmail To Work With Your Custom Domain Email
This option allows you to enjoy all the great features that come with a regular Gmail account while sending emails from your custom domain email address for free. Before you can do this, youll need to first have email hosting from a provider that allows email forwarding . Once youve done that, youll sign up with Gmail, forward the emails to that account, and enable Gmail to send as your custom domain email address.
You can then immediately start using your new, professional email address for your startup, blog, business website, or nonprofit. Without a doubt, this is your best option for setting up a custom domain email address for free. This process may sound complicated, but its really not, and I will walk you through it below, step-by-step.
What if you dont have an email hosting plan? In this case, you can move on to option 2 below, which will cost you a few dollars each month for email hosting, or you can transfer your domain to a web hosting provider that offers free email hosting and lets you forward your emails. I personally recommend Bluehost web hosting since theyre inexpensive and make it really easy to transfer your domain to them from another provider. They are offering huge sales for Black Friday so this is a good time to sign up. Once youve done this, you can move on to setting up your custom domain with Gmail as described below.
How To Make A Free Business Email Address
Do you need to create a free business email address? A professional email address is important when youre trying to win new clients.
In this article, well show you how to create a free business email address at your own domain. This will make your business look professional and trustworthy.
First, lets clear up a few questions about email addresses and domains.
Search Company Website With Google Search Operators
You would be surprised how much hidden useful information you can find on company websites. Email addresses are not an exception.
So what you need to do is search Google using the search operator query site:example.com as your root and add some modifiers, like on this example:
Here you can see how easy it is:
You can be creative with modifiers to make your search even more specific.
Also, if you have a suggestion that you are pretty sure is the correct email address, you can try to search it on the company website in this way:
You May Like: How To Determine Who Owns A Domain
Which Is Better: Google Workspace Or Office 365
The answer to whether Google Workspace or Office 365 is better for your business boils down to your needs and unique preferences. However, if your business wants the best value and the most user-friendly tools, youre likely to find Google Workspace to be the better option. To learn more, check out the complete breakdown of .
Activate Gmail For Your Google Workspace Account
The final step is to activate Gmail for your Google Workspace accounts.
On the page, youll see the following MX records:
- aspmx.l.google.com / priority = 1
- alt3.aspmx.l.google.com / priority = 10
- alt4.aspmx.l.google.com / priority = 10
Youll need to open a new tab and go to your hosts DNS tool, or re-open the DNS tool tab from earlier.
Typically, you would need to copy and paste manually, but not with Kinsta. Since we are big fans of Google Workspace, we have created a one-click solution for helping our customers setting this up quickly.
The MX records, like nameservers, are the same, regardless of the user, so you dont have to change anything. Press the Add 5 records button to proceed.
Since it can take some time for the changes to go live, you can take a tea or coffee break before continuing.
Alternative Method For Other Hosts
For other hosts, youd need to access your DNS tool, for example, through logging into your cPanel and opening DNS Zone Editor.
Select the appropriate domain, and then click the Add Record button to open a new window.
Fill out the appropriate priority and then copy and paste the destination. Double-check that everything is correct, and click Add Record to complete. Repeat the process for the four alternative MX destinations.
If your host has email enabled by default, you might need to remove existing MX records.
Also Check: How Much Does It Cost To Own A Domain
How Can You Benefit From Having A Personal E
Having a personal e-mail domain rather than a freemail address can offer many advantages, as outlined in the following six points:
- Professional: a polished image is key in having a successful career, and that applies to your online presence as well. While freemail addresses with provider domains often convey an amateur image, successful businesses and entrepreneurs use e-mail domains. By customizing the e-mail, you can ensure that your contact details are coordinated, creating a sleek and professional image which facilitates customers trust. The most effective domains are either company-oriented or personal, for example:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concise: freemail companies provide e-mail addresses with their domain to their customers, making it difficult to register a name that is unique and concise. Names are usually snapped up very quickly, so users are often forced to come up with long combinations of numbers and letters: email@example.comLong e-mail addresses carry with them the risk of being misspelled or misremembered, whereas custom e-mail addresses can be shorter, making them concise and more memorable.
- Safer: cybercriminals also need a high hit rate if their malware are to have a big effect. Freemail providers are a common target for hacking and phishing, but this risk decreases significantly with a personal e-mail domain.
$1 Domain Names
Synching Tasks Notes And Journal
While the Tasks, Notes and Journal folders sync with other Outlook for Desktop installations, these folders do not sync to all other devices when using Exchange ActiveSync or the Outlook app. You can consider the following alternatives
TasksTasks syncing via the EAS protocol is supported but many Mail apps, including the Outlook app for iOS and Android, do not sync this folder. Microsoft has developed a separate app called To Do which is dedicated to Tasks management. It uses the Tasks folder in your Outlook.com for storage so everything stays synchronized. You can get the free app for Windows 10, iPhone and iPad, Android or use it in your favorite Internet browser.
NotesThe Notes folder of Outlook can be accessed in the Sticky Notes section of OneNote for iPhone and iPad and Android or by using Microsoft Launcher for Android. Sticky Notes is also available as a separate app for Windows 10. As an alternative, you can also access them with your favorite Internet browser.
JournalThere is no real alternative to the Outlook Journal but you can create an additional Calendar folder and create a new view which is using a Timeline layout. Then you can use Appointments to create Journal entries. You could of course also leave it in the Day/Week/Month view for a more diary style Journal. This additional Calendar folder will automatically sync with any Mail app.
Don’t Miss: Cost To Buy A Domain Name
How To Create A Mailbox Name
You can create as many mailbox names as youd like with your domain name, whether youre looking for a more professional email address for yourself or email addresses for 10,000 employees.
Mailbox names are typically a persons name or a department , so youll need to think about how you plan to use email and what mailbox names will work for your business or brand.
Allow Gmail To Receive Emails Using Pop3
Once you have your custom email account, youre going to use something called POP3 to connect Gmail to your custom email address. Essentially, these settings let your free Gmail account import emails from your email hosting .
To get started, you need to find your emails POP3 settings. At Bluehost, you can do this by clicking the Connect Devices tab when youre editing your email account. Heres what it looks like:
If your email hosting is elsewhere, youll want to consult your services documentation or reach out to their support if you cant find your POP3 information.
- Open the Gmail settings by clicking the gear icon in the top-right corner and selecting See all settings.
- Go to the Accounts and Import tab.
- Find the Check mail from other accounts setting.
- Click Add a mail account.
That should open a popup with multiple steps.
On the next step, choose Import emails from my other account :
Enter the following information:
- Username normally, this is your full email address, but sometimes its only the part that comes before @.
- Password the password that you set when creating your custom email address.
- POP Server and Port from your email host.
- Check the Leave a copy box.
- Check the Always use a secure connection box.
- Optionally choose to add a label.
- Click Add Account to finish the process.
Read Also: Connect Godaddy To Shopify
Remove Your Old Pop3/imap Account
With all your data transferred and Outlook.com automatically collecting your new emails, you can remove your old POP3 or IMAP account from Outlook and set the Outlook.com mailbox as the main mailbox if it isnt already.
Set your Outlook.com mailbox as the default data file and optionally remove your pst-file.
Set Up An Email Account That Uses Your Domain Name
Here, Im going to show you how to create a new email address, like , and integrate it with your Gmail account. This way, you can easily send and receive emails through the Gmail interface, but your customer will see the emails as coming from your domain email address.
The steps have been broken in two parts. First well see how to create the domain email address. Second, well integrate that domain email with your Gmail account.
Also Check: How Much Does It Cost To Get A Domain Name
Create Your Google Workspace Business Account
First, head over to , and click the Get Started button. Once youve done that, you will start the signing up process.
Fill out the basic required info, including your number of employees, your business name, and your country. Its important to choose the country where your business is registered.
Dont choose the United States because you want the language to be English.
The next step is to fill out your name and existing email address. Once finished, click the next step button.
Next, confirm whether or not you have a domain for your business already. If not, you can register one with the Google Domain registrar before proceeding.
If you already have a domain, fill out the domain and click Next Step to continue.
Double-check that the domain is correct, and click Next Step to confirm your selection.
Finally, create a username and password to finalize your Google Workspace account. Check the Captcha and press the Agree And Continue button to move on to the next step.
Note: If you already have an existing email provider for professional email, make sure that you enter the right username.
Confirm that you chose the right payment plan for Google Workspace before you continue.
If youve followed along with us this far without issue, youve successfully created your Google Workspace account.
Getting A Domain Name
Getting a domain name is easy. Its just a case of deciding on the name you want, checking if its available and if it is, buying it.
It might take you a few goes to find a domain name that you like and is available to register. If you need some advice, you can find tips on what makes a good domain name here.
Also Check: How Much To Purchase A Domain Name
How Can I Get A Professional
A professional email address is a must-have if youre running a business, or working as a sole trader or freelancer.
It shows people youre serious about what you do, and it will help them remember your brand name because its right there in the email address.
So how can you get a professional email address?
Well, youll need two things a domain name and an email hosting package.
If you already have a domain name, you can skip ahead to the next section. If you dont have a domain name, read on to learn how to get one.
Bluehost Cpanel Email Settings
Lets go back to cPanel and find your email settings.
- Under Domain, choose the specific domain where you would like to create an email account.
- In the Username text box, type the user you would like to use.
- In the Password text box, type the password you would like for this email account.
- The Password StrengthMeter will tell if the password you have entered is strong enough. We highly recommend you use a strong password.
- The Mailbox quota text box is used to specify the amount of your overall hosting storage allocated for that specific email account. The default that should be listed is 500 MB. You can increase or decrease this number as you desire, depending on the hosting package that you currently have.
- Once the User, Password, and Quota are all accurate, click the Create button.
Youll need to have these settings in front of you to be able to configure Gmail to send and receive emails
Also Check: Cost To Purchase A Domain Name
How To Get An Email Address On Your Custom Domain Name
You probably have Gmail or some other free email account already. While that email is perfectly fine, it might not look very good when used for any sort of professional purpose.
Were going to show you two ways to do that:
- Option A). Involves handling everything within your user panel at Bluehost one of the leading web hosting firms on the web, famous for its low prices and good beginner-friendly approach.
- Option B). Involves connecting your domain name to Gmail as in, yes, you will be interacting with your email through a Gmail-like panel, but youll be doing so in a way that lets you use your custom domain email instead of a standard address @gmail.com.
Something we need to admit right up front is that path is much more beginner-friendly. Wed give it 5/5 on the ease of use scale. Path is a moderate 3/5.
Option A) Create Email Accounts for Your Domain Name with Web Hosting Provider
In this example, well show you steps to create email accounts for your domain name with Bluehost:
First, log in to your Bluehost panel and then go into the Advanced tab from the main sidebar.
From there scroll down to the Email section and click on Email Accounts.
From there click on the Create button.
Heres how to fill that out:
Once you have the fields filled in, click on Create again.
Option B) Create Email Accounts for Your Domain Name with Gmail