The Pros Of Using Mobile Point Of Sale
- Quick set up: You can download the point of sale app on mobiles from the Play Store and register with your details.
- Easy-to-use: Smartphone point of sale is used on familiar mobiles. So, you can learn the basic usage within minutes.
- Accessible everywhere: These point of sale machines allow you to accept payments, check transactions, and inventory anywhere you want.
- Multiple payment options: Mobile point of sale terminals have wallet options, QR code and UPI mode. They also have card payment in one place.
- Low cost: These point of sale apps can run on most modern Android mobiles. So, you wont need to pay for some higher-end mobile or another device.
How To Calculate The Domain Value
Valuing a domain name can be a bit tricky because every domain name is unique. This means that there can only be a particular domain name and there is no way to make a copy of it. Before you decide to sell a domain name, it is essential that you value it to know how much it is worth. The domain name Voice.com, for instance, was sold for around $30 million. Several factors influence the price of a domain, and there are also several tools available that you can use to appraise your domain to find out its value.
Recommended Reading: How Much Should A Domain Name Cost Per Year
Heres How You Can List Your Domains On Godaddy:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and click on Manage. From the Buy & Sell menu, click on the GoDaddy Auctions Listings.
- List your domain for sale with your buy now price
- Fill out all other important details like, how you like to get paid.
As soon as your buyer is ready to proceed further, you can share the buy now link with your buyer by logging into auctions.godaddy.com in the search field, type your domain name and click on search.
Under item #, right-click on your domain and select copy link address.
Now you can share this link with your buyer by email. You can either copy-paste the link in your email or create a hyperlink and share it with your buyer.
If you have a pending sale on Dan where the buyer was agreed but have not made the payment even after doing follow-ups, you can switch to Godaddy and share the Godaddy buy now link with the buyer. I sold a couple of domains like this.
As I said earlier, Godaddy is a big brand, and most businesses are already using GoDaddy as their registrar, so sometimes trust factors play a vital role in selling a domain on Godaddy.
Do share it on your social media if you find this helpful.
Your every share appreciates our efforts
Also Check: How Much Does It Cost To Buy A Web Domain
Social Profiles Wont Replace Domain Names
Many advertisers and marketers are concerned that social media will soon replace domain names completely and make them go obsolete. This fear is even more real nowadays because many online businesses and startups are using the power of social media to connect to their target audience.
But if you just weigh the pros and cons of having a domain name for your business solely, you will see that having a social media profile is just not enough.
Why Should You Sell Domain On Godaddy Auctions
- GoDaddy provides Auction bidder verification process to provide security to the buying and selling party from fraud.
- The smartphone application provided by GoDaddy lets you view live and older auctions along with the bids. It is available on iOS as well as Android.
- The Premium Listing option helps your listing to gain priority and visibility to the bidders.
- The GoDaddy Auctions membership asks for the lowest registration fee than all the other domain selling pages.
- You can monitor multiple sales along with instant notifications for any changes.
- The search tool is an advanced search tool for digging in the depth of details at a faster rate.
- This website gives options to negotiate with the seller.
- The expired domains automatically move for auction. It is a reliable opportunity for selling a high authority domain at a profitable price.
- The auction time does not keep extending. From the day the product gets listed, the customers place the bids. At the end of the 7th day, the highest bid wins.
- The Auction Tools help you prepare for the sale or purchase.
- When you know how to sell a domain on GoDaddy, you can choose from multiple options to sell a domain: Free and Simple listing with advanced features to enhance the exposure on the sale list.
Don’t Miss: Average Domain Name Price
How To Sell On Godaddy Public Auction
So far, weve explained the factors that influence the price of a domain name as well as the different tools that you can use to appraise a domain name. In this section, we will discuss in detail how you can sell your domain on GoDaddy Public auction. Note that GoDaddy offers 4 different ways to sell a domain Offer/Counter Offer, Buy Now Only, 7-Day Public Auction, and Offer/Counter Offer with Buy Now. However, we will focus on the 7-Day Public Auction. As is essential, you need to have a value in mind before you can proceed to think of selling it.
1. List your domain on GoDaddy 2. Select 7-Day Public Auction and add listing details 3. Increase Visibility and receive payments
How To Find Million Dollar Domain Idea
This time we are purchasing the domain with an intention to sell this later or right now. To do so make sure to have below points into consideration.
- Purchase .com domain which sells faster than country or region-specific domain.
- Make sure to have a domain name easy to remember and max 10-15 character.
- Chose a domain name which is based on keyword.
- Find out domain name which is easy to brandable.
- Try to grab 3 letter domain name, which is shortening any big brand name.
- If possible grab any celebrity name or upcoming possible future celebrity name.
Above are my suggestions to care while selecting a domain name from below listed process.
Now let say you want to purchase a domain name related to the keyword buy which is a high-value demanded keyword.
Go to a website called LeanDominSearch.
Search for your seed keyword like Buy and hit enter, it will list all the possible combination of available .com domain name and you will come out with new ideas.
If you click to any of the listed domain it will give you an idea of whether that.com domain is available or not.
I tried with AlpineBuy.com and a new window popup which explains that yes domain is available to buy.
This is how I search for the right available domain idea, you can place a filter for a way you are expecting.
Now, this time is to buy Domain Name.
Read Also: Transfer Domain From Shopify To Wix
Have Your Domain Appraised
The first step in the process is to determine the value of your domain name. This can be done through a variety of channels. You can appraise your domain name yourself or have the domain name appraised by a professional.
Self-appraisal is a bit more challenging than with tangible commodities like a house or car, but the same process can be used. Some people check out sale prices on similar domains and work from there. A good resource to use when trying to appraise your domain name yourself is NameBio. They have a keyword-based search engine that looks up sale prices of particular domain names. You can find information on lowest prices, highest prices, average prices, who sold the domain and other pertinent information.
But lets say you cant find a value for your particular domain name. This is when enlisting the services of a professional appraiser can help. A professional appraiser knows the market inside and out, and can provide valuable insight that can help you arrive at a fair market value for your domain name.
Dont Hide Behind Whois Privacy
If you are using a WHOIS privacy service, remove it if possible.
These services are fantastic if you want to cut down on spam and/or hide your identity as the owner of a domain, but they are a serious impediment to sales because most potential buyers dont know how to contact a domain owner that is using a WHOIS privacy service. It simply confuses them and is a perceived roadblock.
Make it easier for buyers to contact you. Ask your domain registrar to remove the WHOIS privacy service.
You May Like: How Much To Get A Domain Name
How To Sell Domain Name For Best Price On Godaddy And Sedo Ultimate Guide
Domain names are the key or primary criteria to have an online website but this guide is to explain how to sell domain name for the best price.
Domain name is like the identity of any website and people are struggling to get the right domain name.
If you have already purchased or parked that most demanded domain somewhere earlier then in this guide I will tell you how to sell domain name for the best price.
It will surprise you that a domain purchased for few bucks like 4-5$ can make around millions of dollar while selling to the right person.
It is the best things to buy and sell for profit overnight.
If you are in search of finding the right domain to sell to the right person on the right platform for a high price then this guide is going to be an ultimate source of information.
Here we will discuss GoDaddy Auction, Sedo domain sell platform, Free promotion and much more info which solve all your doubts on how to sell domain name?
First will discuss the need to sell a domain name.
Godaddy Launches New Service To Easily Sell Unused Domain Names
New List for Sale tool makes it easier than ever for customers to sell domains on Afternic, with a $2,000 average sale price
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — GoDaddy Inc. , the company that empowers everyday entrepreneurs, today announced the launch of List for Sale, a service that enables anyone to quickly and easily list and sell unused domain names. The tool is available for free to all GoDaddy customers who own a domain name, providing an opportunity to generate a profit on unused domains.
Once a GoDaddy customer clicks the List for Sale button in their Domain Control Center, they will be guided through a simple three-step process where they can list the sales price for the domain, create a “For Sale” landing page for the domain’s website, and then publish a listing for the domain on Afternic, the world’s largest domain marketplace. GoDaddy provides an estimate pricing tool to help users set an accurate price for their listing.
“Everyday entrepreneurs come to GoDaddy to find great domain names fitting for their business ventures, but sometimes domain names go unused and sit dormant in accounts,” said Paul Nicks, Vice President at GoDaddy. “List for Sale gives customers an easy and simple way to earn a profit by selling their domain name for a valuable sum.”
List for Sale is a free service for GoDaddy customers. Customers only pay the industry standard sales commissions, ranging between 10-20%, to Afternic if the domain is sold.
Read Also: How To Determine Who Owns A Domain
What To Do After Your Domain Sells On Godaddy Auctions
This process took the longest and was a bit confusing. I received an email saying my domain sold.
I was excited of course as Ive never sold a domain name before, let alone for $600! I logged into my account and clicked on the sold tab.
It listed my domain as sold and the funds status was pending. It also listed the customer ID number of who bought the domain.
Soon after, I received another email telling me I needed to transfer the domain or if someone else bought it, I needed to forward the email to this person.
The email contained some codes that were needed to transfer the domain to GoDaddy. I was confused on this part because there was no way for me to contact the buyer.
I called GoDaddy Auctions customer support number and the person on the line informed me that it would take about 5 days or so for the funds to be verified.
He told me to check back within 5 days and once the funds are verified there would be a link next to the buyers ID number to send an email.
Emailing the Buyer
Sure enough, there was a link to email the buyer after several days. I copied and pasted the codes that GoDaddy emailed to me into the email I was sending the buyer.
I waited a day or two and no response. I emailed again and the buyer finally replied and said he did not receive the first email.
Get Your Domains Authorization Code
You will also need to unlock your domain at your current registrar and request your authorization code.
The Waiting Game
Determine The Value Of Your Domain
The first thing youll need to do is properly price your domain. A lot of people end up overpricing their domains and wonder why they never have any interest. Just because youve owned a domain for a while doesnt mean that it has any inherent value.
- Is your domain a .com, or does it have some other random suffix? A .com domain will carry a higher price.
- Is your domain name short? Or does it contain a lot of words? Shorter domains tend to sell for a lot more.
- Is your domain easy to spell? Or have a common abbreviation? Domain names that include common words or regular abbreviations will fetch a higher price.
- Do you have hyphens or other elements in your domain? Domains that contain fewer words , and dont include hyphens will sell for much more.
Spend time researching what other related domains have sold for. You can use the tool Namebio to determine what other similar domains have sold for.
There are a variety of online estimation tools you can use, but these dont tend to give very accurate quotes. You can use them as a general indicator, but not as a true measure of value.
You might like
Also Check: Shopify Transfer Domain Name
Selling A Domain On Godaddy Auctions
Once you create your GoDaddy Auctions account, you can start selling domain names.
From the GoDaddy Auctions homepage, click on the List a Domain option in the main navigation bar.
The platform will then prompt you to set up a GoDaddy Auctions membership, which requires a $4.99 annual membership fee.
After you purchase a GoDaddy Auctions membership, fill in the domain name you want to sell in the Domain Name and Confirm Domain Name fields.
Next, youll need to choose a Listing Type from a drop-down menu. GoDaddy Auctions gives you three options: Offer/Counter Offer, Offer/Counter Offer With Buy Now, or Buy Now Only.
- Offer/Counter Offer: This type of listing allows you to offer the domain name at a particular price. Potential buyers can then respond with an offer of a lower price, which you can accept or reject.
- Offer/Counter Offer With Buy Now: This type of listing allows the buyer and seller to negotiate a selling price or a buyer can simply purchase the domain name at the listed price.
- Buy Now Only: This type of listing prohibits price negotiations. Buyers can only purchase the domain for the listed price.
Next, youll need to complete the Add Listing Details section with the following information:
In the next section called Increase Visibility you can choose to upgrade your domain name listing so it appears in a more prominent position on the GoDaddy Auctions website. You have two upgrade options: