Heres How To Set Up Your Free Email Domain With Bluehost In Three Steps:
How to create your own email domain free. This article will explain the easiest way to set up email on your domain. So whenever your friend or client receives an email from you they will see the email address with your domain name. Youll want to click on email accounts.
This domain can then be used to create your own domain email for free. G suite is a productivity tool from google that enables individuals to use gmail with their own custom email address. For business email users then having a professional business email address means having your own email domain name.
Creating your own domain and email address is easy and not very expensive. It can add a professional touch to your business or simply be a fun thing that you have to give out to friends and family. Add and verify your domain, or buy a new domain with zoho.
When it comes to increasing the visibility and credibility of a brand name, i always prefer using branded email address that ended up with my domain name. There are many premium options available in the market to host your email id and i will be sharing few of the best methods starting from the option with nominal. If you are tired of having an email address at one of the many free providers, you can have your own email address at your own domain.
LinkedIn emails/Extract Emails from LinkedIn/linkedin
FREE DOMAIN NAME FREE WEB HOSTING Get your own Website
How To Use Gmail With Your Custom Domain Name For Free
If you were wondering if its possible to use your own domain with Gmail, then we have your answer. In this article, well show you how to use Gmail with a custom domain for free.
As convenient as Googles email service is, sometimes you need something more to appear professional. A good way to do so is by attaching your own domain to your email. For example, instead of , you could use .
Not only does the latter look more professional, but it can also even help make your email address more memorable. If youre serious about your online business, then you have absolutely no reason to not use a custom domain for your business email.
Once Your Account Is Created Youll Have To Change Some Settings In Your Domains Email Settings To Use Googles Servers Instead These Are Called Mx Records
1. Log into your hosting/domain account to visit the control panel.
2. Locate the area for your domains DNS records. Heres how it looks in an iPage account:
3. Locate the MX Records for your domain:
4. Update the existing MX records to point to Googles mail servers by entering these MX record values.
5. Delete any old MX records that dont point to Googles mail servers.
6. Wait for the changes to take effect and youre good to go! It could take anywhere from a couple hours to 72 hours depending on your domain provider.
If you get stuck at any point, Google has a great support team. Also, your domain host will be able to assist you in updating your MX records as well. The setup may seem a little daunting, but once you get it set, theres nothing else to do but enjoy the service!
Ive been using for months now and its really simplified and organized my business. Not only is my email in one place, I can keep my Google Drive and Google Docs linked to the account as well.
Ive also got a boat-load of 20% off coupons for Google Apps. If youd like one, just click on the banner below, enter your email and Ill send it to you!
Also Check: How Much To Buy A Domain Name
Custom Email With Google Workspace
- Business Starter: $6 USD per user, per month
- Business Standard: $12 USD per user, per month
- Business Plus: $18 USD per user, per month
- Custom and secure business email
- 30GB , 2TB or 5TB of cloud storage per user
- Collaboration tools such as Docs, Slides and Sheets
- 100 participants , 150 participants or 250 participants video meetings and recording
- Enhanced security and management controls, including Vault and advanced endpoint management
Additional Steps To Set Up The Sending From Part:
Part I. Set up an App Password for your Gmail account to allow you to use the Gmail SMTP servers securely.
5. Go to the Gmail account. Click your username or user icon in the upper right corner to bring up the user menu.
6. Click My Account.
7. In the Google account screen, under Sign-in & security, click Signing in to Google.
8. In the Password & sign-in method box, click App passwords.
You may be asked to re-enter your password at this point.
Note: You must have 2-Step Verification enabled for the App passwords option to be available. If it is not, click 2-Step Verification and enable 2-Step Verification. Then continue to set the App password.
9. In the App passwords box, select Mail for the app, select Other for the device.
10. Enter the name of your domain for the other device, and click Generate.
11. The Generated app password box will display a 16-character password. Copy this password. You will need it when you add your new send-as account.
12. Return to your Gmail screen.
Part II. Add the alias as an account to your Gmail inbox.
13. In the top right corner, click the Settings button.
14. Select Settings from the drop down menu.
15. In the Settings screen, click the Accounts and Import tab.
16. Scroll down to Send mail as and click Add another email address you own.
17. In the first Add another email address box, enter the name you want recipients of your email to see and the forwarded email address you are setting up.
18. Click Next Step.
Recommended Reading: Googlemail.com Domain
But What If You Want To Be Able To Send Or Reply To Emails From Your Custom Email Address
You are probably aware that with this setup, you dont actually send and receive emails with your custom email .
You dont really touch an inbox or other folders of the custom email.
But thanks to the magic of email forwarding and Gmail alias, you will be able to act as if you are doing just that.
Verify Your Google Workspace Domain
Now that youve created a user, head to and log in with your new credentials.
Once youve logged in, there is a tutorial that will help you set up Google Workspace. You will start by verifying your Google Workspace domain.
Verifying a domain in Google Workspace
Choosing a verification method for Google Workspace
The default option is adding a TXT record to the DNS records of your business site. Adding the TXT record to your DNS wont affect your website or domain in any way.
If youre using Kinsta DNS, make sure to check out this tutorial on how to in MyKinsta.
Google Workspace TXT record
Once youve selected the TXT option, Google will generate a code that starts with google-site-verify. Click the Copy button to copy the code to your clipboard.
Now you need to access the DNS tool of your hosting provider in a new tab or window. Dont close the Google Workspace tab.
Existing Kinsta customers should use the Kinsta DNS tool.
Select TXT from the Type dropdown menu.
Copy and paste the verification code into, and press the Add DNS Record button.
Adding a TXT record
Once youre done, return to the tab with the Google Workspace signup page in it.
Verifying your domain
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Verify my domain button to complete the verification.
Note: It may take a few minutes for the DNS records to go live, so it will take some time before Google can complete the authentification.
You May Like: How To Unlock Godaddy Domain For Wix
Setting Up A Google Apps Account
The final step of this process is adding the Gmail MX Records to your domain. Google provides their own mail servers, which you can read about here. Switching your MX Records to the ones provided on their page differs depending on whether you use S-Drive or another hosting service.
- If youre using S-Drive, sign in to your S-Drive account here, then go to the domain management page and click Manage DNS Settings under the domain name you are using. Youll need to get and enter them into this page so that your DNS setup looks similar to this:
- If youre not using S-Drive, youll either need to sign into your hosting providers control panel and change the records yourself, or contact a server administrator to take care of this for you.
Congratulations! You are Done!
Remember, DNS changes may take a few hours for them to filter through the ânet so if you do not start getting e-mail right away, give it time for these settings to propagate.
Reasons To Integrate Custom Domain Email To Gmail Account
When you purchase web hosting, chances are youll get a free business email right out of the box. However, it might take time to get used to because the interface is different from Gmails.
Luckily, its possible to use Gmail with your own domain for free. That way, you can have the best of both worlds a custom domain email with the convenience of Gmails interface. You also dont have to log in to different platforms to manage your personal and business emails.
Don’t Miss: Squarespace To Godaddy
Why Should You Select Gsuite For Your Needs
While you may think you can just get by with the free Gmail account and Google Apps, that means you dont have the ability to link your domain name to Gmail. On top of that, you miss out on all of the powerful tools that come with the G Suite subscription.
Your subscription includes:
- Security key enforcement
Start Using Gmail With Your Own Domain Today
With the methods in this post, you can get the convenience of Gmail with the professionalism and brandability of your own custom email address.
If you already have a website and email hosting, you can use the first method to use Gmail with your custom domain name for free.
If you dont have email hosting already and/or you want to completely separate your custom email address from your free Gmail address, you might want to pay for Google Workspace instead.
Still have any questions about how to use Gmail with your own domain name? Ask us in the comments!
Also Check: Transfer Godaddy Domain To Squarespace
How To Use Gmail With Your Custom Domain
If youd rather not shell out the cash, theres good news: you can create your own custom email domain, without sacrificing the convenience of Gmail. And yes, you can do it 100% free using our workaround.
However, just because somethings free, doesnt automatically make it better in all situations. Indeed, our clever hack has limitationswhich G Suite handles with ease. Before diving in, lets take a look at why G Suite is the industry standard so we can compare whether its worth it to use our workaround.
Bluehost Cpanel Email Settings
Lets go back to cPanel and find your email settings.
- Under Domain, choose the specific domain where you would like to create an email account.
- In the Username text box, type the user you would like to use.
- In the Password text box, type the password you would like for this email account.
- The Password StrengthMeter will tell if the password you have entered is strong enough. We highly recommend you use a strong password.
- The Mailbox quota text box is used to specify the amount of your overall hosting storage allocated for that specific email account. The default that should be listed is 500 MB. You can increase or decrease this number as you desire, depending on the hosting package that you currently have.
- Once the User, Password, and Quota are all accurate, click the Create button.
Youll need to have these settings in front of you to be able to configure Gmail to send and receive emails
Read Also: What To Do After Buying A Domain
Gmail Domain Setup: A How
Many first-time domain owners are unfamiliar with the ins and outs of domains and their integration with other services, such as Gmail.
For example, did you know that you can link your domain to your Gmail account so that your business can take full advantage of G Suite services? Boiled down, this means that you can connect a Gmail address to your domain name, and then access it from just about anywhere in the world.
Lets say that you have a domain called golfbropros.com and your name is Tom. With Domain.com you can easily create Tom@golfbropros.com as the email, and then have that linked directly to a Gmail account. If you dont already own a domain, you can find one and complete the purchase process with Domain.com in minutes. This way, you get to keep a professional looking email and have the power of the G Suite at your fingertips as well.
Now, getting started can be a little daunting but finding a domain name and linking it to a Gmail is easy with Domain.com. Lets discuss the steps to take to setup a Gmail and domain, plus everything you need to know about Gmail for business.
Business Email Through Gmail
G Suite is a set of intelligent apps including Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Hangouts, and more designed to bring people together, with real-time collaboration built in from the start. And theres a lot more on the way. When organisations break down silos, connect people and empower them to work together, they get the speed, agility and impact needed to compete in todays market. When your business is powered with G Suite, information can flow easily between apps, devices, people and teams. Imagine the future of your business, if this was how it could be But lets focus on Gmail in your domain.
Recommended Reading: How To Get A Business Domain Email
Make A Standard Gmail Account For Your Business
Google makes it incredibly easy to get started with its world-renowned email service. Just click over to . Next:
Now youre in! This is where youll manage all of your emails, within the comfort of Gmails plush inbox UI.