Review Domain Name Transfer Requirements
- Due to ICANN’s Transfer Policy, domain names need to have been registered for more than 60 days in order for them to be eligible for transfer. This 60-day registrar lock is to prevent fraud and theft of domains
- You can’t transfer your domain if it’s within 60 days of previous transfer
- Usually, the domain name should have more than 15 days before its expiration date
For more thorough information, you can check our tutorial on domain transfer requirements.
Prior to attempting to transfer a domain away from GoDaddy, you must complete the following steps.
Purchase Your Fastcomet Hosting Plan
The first thing you should do is to choose from our hosting plans. You can check our price list on your own, but you should consider contacting one of FastComets Customer Care specialists, who will help you pick the best plan for your online project.
Note:If you already have an existing website that you plan to move over, check the correct steps to transfer both your Domain Name and Website to Avoid Downtime
- Once you have chosen your starting plan with FastComet, you can click on the GET STARTED button:
- Next, choose the option I already Have a Domain, and then click on the USE THIS DOMAIN button:
Note:Choosing “I already Have a domain does not initiate the domain transfer. You need to do that additionally, as we explain further below in this post.
Check The Status Of A Domain Transfer
Domain transfers can take 5 – 7 days to complete. You may contact us at any time to inquire about your transfer status.
We hope you find this article useful. Discover more about FastCloud – the top-rated Hosting Solutions for personal and small business websites in four consecutive years by the HostAdvice Community!
Read Also: Domainnamechecker
Unlock Your Godaddy Domain
Before transferring your domain to FastComet, you will have to unlock it. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.
- In your list of domains, locate the column labeled Lock. If you dont see a Lock Column, you may need to customize your column display:
- Toggle the icon from ON to OFF and unlock your domain
- Check on “Yes, I consent to unlock the selected domain.” and then click Continue:
- The Lock column will update to show OFF when the domain is unlocked:
After you are done, you should allow up to 1 hour for changes to complete.
Once unlocked, your domain can be transferred to FastComet.
Transfer Task : Transfer The Domain Name To Enom
Once you have prepared the domain name at Go Daddy, you’re ready to transfer to eNom.
To transfer your domain name to eNom:
List the domain names you want to transfer, one per line. Each line should include the domain name, comma, space, and then the authorization code. Separate each line using the “Enter” key: FirstDomainName.com, 11111111
Note: To decide whether to use the Auto Verification or Fax transfer method, weigh the following considerations:
You May Like: Googlemail.com Domain
Phase : Wait For Codes From Both Web Hosts
Before you can proceed with the domain migration, both parties involved in the transfer will send you a code. On the side of Network Solutions, you have to wait for the authorization codes as mentioned in the second phase. Meanwhile, GoDaddy will send you a security and transaction codes.
Requirements And Considerations For Transferring A Domain To Shopify
Before you start, review the following requirements and considerations:
- You need to own the domain that you want to transfer. If you dont own it and its available for registration, then you can buy it.
- Before you can transfer your domain, you need to wait 60 days after registering your domain, transferring your domain to a different domain provider, or making changes to your registrar information. For more information, refer to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers .
- You need to pay the registration fee to renew your domain for an additional 12 months. The 12 months are added to your domains current expiry date.
- There might be additional costs associated with transferring your domain. Contact your domain provider for information about transfer costs.
- You need to have access to your original domain provider account and the email account that you use to log in to it.
- You need to monitor and respond to confirmation emails to complete the transfer process.
- You need to use a third-party email hosting service with email forwarding from Shopify. Shopify doesnt provide email hosting services, but does provide unlimited email forwarding accounts.
- It can take up to 20 days to transfer your domain. Your domain continues working during the transfer process.
Also Check: How Much To Purchase A Domain Name
Transfer The Domain On Godaddys Website
Go to: If you are selling your domain name you will now need to send them the authorization code you generated in step 3. They will use this code when they transfer the domain from their end on GoDaddys website.
If you are simply transferring it to your own GoDaddy account you will follow the same instructions. Enter the domain you wish to transfer, then enter the authorization code. You will have to pay for this transfer, but right now it seems to be less than the regular price of a domain. But of course, this could change in the future.
Here is a screenshot of what this should look like:
It says it may take 5 7 days for a transfer to complete, but for me everything went through the same day within hours. The only thing Im not sure about is whether to update the whois information to the new buyers name/contact information before this process is started or whether to leave the whois information alone.
For me it is possible my transfer went through quickly as my whois information matched my info on my GoDaddy account.
I have another domain Im in the process of transferring to a different party so I will soon find out. When I have that information I will update this post and provide the details. I have also sent Google Domains a question via their email support, so will keep you posted on that as well.
You May Like: What Is A .io Website
How To Cancel Domains By Proxy Service With Godaddy
- Login to your GoDaddy account
- Next to Domains, click Manage All
- Select the domain for which you need to cancel Domains By Proxy Service and click on Domain Settings:
- Scroll down to Contact Information and click the Remove Privacy link, then select Yes, Remove Privacy:
Once the domain name is unlocked and you have received your Auth Code, you may initiate the transfer to Namecheap. Please refer to this article for more information on how to transfer a domain to us.
Don’t Miss: Gulftel Webmail
Transfer My Domain Away From Godaddy
Transfer your domain from GoDaddy to another registrar by using our transfer away checklist. You won’t be able to transfer your domain away if it’s within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a 60-day lock was applied after updating domain contact information. You’ll need to verify your identify to confirm the transfer if your domain has Domain Protection enabled.
Note: You’ll need to verify your identity if you have domain protection on your domain. We’ll send a verification code automatically if you’ve had 2-step verification enabled in your account for more than 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password and we’ll send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
How To Transfer Domain From Godaddy To Google Domains
Namecheap which is certainly one of the closest competitors to GoDaddy, but it will take years of experience for them to match Godaddy standard. If you have been following domain industry news, you must have heard of Google launching their domain service with the name Google domains which are in beta stage & available in U.S.A only.
Today, I got an invitation to try out Google domains, and instead of buying a new domain from them, I thought of transferring and renewing one of my domain hosted on GoDaddy to Google domains.
This guide is for those who are already on Google domains, or you can refer to this once you Google domains goes public. I will show you how to transfer your existing domains on Godaddy to Google domains.
You May Like: Why Are Some Domains So Expensive
Request Epp Code/authorization Code
Most domain registrars require an EPP code/authorization code in order to transfer a domain name. This provides an extra layer of security and protects the domain against unauthorized transfers.
To request an EPP code/authorization code:
How To Choose A Domain Name
Since your domain name can have a major impact on your online presence, what you choose is a vital first step in building your brand. Finding the perfect domain name, however, can be challenging.
While its true that there are millions of domain names available, many of the popular domain names that are easy to remember are taken. Fortunately, you can still get what you need if you go through a simple process and use a bit of imagination.
Recommended Reading: How Much Does It Cost To Register A Domain
Accessing The Authorization Code From Godaddy
Once you have disabled the domain transfer lock and private registration for your domain, you can access your from GoDaddy.
You will need this authorization code later to approve the domain transfer on IONOS’s end.
- Log in to GoDaddy.
- Click Manage All next to Domains.
- Next to the selected domain, click Settings > Domain Settings.
- Scroll to the Additional Settings section.
- Click Get authorization code.
The authorization code will be sent to the email address assigned to the domain owner .
Is There A Way To Tranfer Website From Godaddy To Shopify
- Float this Topic for Current User
I have a website I created on go daddy. Is there a way to transfer from godaddy to Shopify with out starting all over?
While you can most definitely transfer your GoDaddy domain to Shopify, Im afraid its not possible to transfer over the GoDaddy website you created. This is because Shopify websites are built on a unique code language called Liquid.
Instead, youll just need to select a theme from our Theme Store, where youll find a collection of both free and premium themes. Once you choose a theme, you can use our user-friendly Theme Editor to easily customize the content and structure of your pages. This should help you achieve something pretty similar to what you currently have with GoDaddy. As you begin your search for a theme, we also have a blog post, How to Pick the Perfect Theme for Your Shopify Store you might find useful. This post provides a good overview of the Shopify Theme Store and how you can use search and filter tools to find the right theme for your store.
Once youve selected a theme, I recommend checking out our YouTube tutorial, Introduction to the Shopify Theme Editor. This will teach you everything you need to know about how to modify your theme, from adding and removing sections to changing the fonts and colour scheme. Its also a great resource if youve never used our Theme Editor before.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Recommended Reading: How Much To Purchase A Domain Name
Things To Know Before You Transfer Domain Name From Godaddy
If you are not satisfied with your current host and Domain platform , you are free to switch over to a different one. Generally, Domain registrars do not charge anything extra on migration.
However, there are a few things you need to look into before you migrate to a new Domain registrar.
Ensure that your website is equipped with these changes for a faster and hassle-free BigRock domain transfer process.
Change Domain Privacy Information
If you bought domain privacy when you originally purchased your domain on Google, you will need to disable it before you start the transfer process. To prevent any other roadblocks, its probably also a good idea to select the option to Publish your info in the WHOIS directory.
So, simply go to the section that says Privacy Protection and select the radio button next to Privacy Protection Off and then the one to publish your info in the WHOIS directory. Heres a screenshot of what it looks like:
Step 3: Generate an authorization code Next, you need to click on the two arrows in going in a circular motion logo at the top right of the page. This will take you to the registration and transfer out section.
Scroll down to the middle section titled Transfer out. Simply click the button that says Get Authorization Code and a window will pop up like so
Be sure to copy and save this authorization code separately so you dont lose it. Make a text file on your computer or email it to yourself. If you are selling a domain name, you will need to give this authorization code to the buyer.
Don’t Miss: How To Find The Owner Of A Domain Name